This motor driver works with single channel max 50A load capacity. This module performs far better than MC33886 or L298 motor driver, especially in terms of motor speed control and power efficiency.
This drive has a brake function, which can quickly stop the motor. And the operation is very easy.The drive module contains a full-bridge driver chip and MOSFET with low internal resistance. The full-bridge driver IC minimizes the switching loss of MOSFET and improves power efficiency.
MOSFET is current impact-resistant type, with internal resistance of 0.003 Ohm. MOSFET channel can be opened quickly to improve the motor's speed curvature, and also brake the motor quickly. This function can make the car start or stop quickly.
This driver module can work under the PWM duty cycle of 0% -98%.
Electronic Parameter :
1、Peak current (Load): 50A
2、Recommend max working current(Load): 20A
3、Power VCC (Load): 0V~30V
4、Recommend power vcc(load) : 12V ~ 26V
5、Control VCC: 4V~12V
6、Control TTL Voltage; 2.5V ~ 12V
1) : Control TTL voltage means the High voltage of the control pins (EN, LPWM, RPWM, DIS).
2) : The stable max working current is 20A while load vcc is between 12V~30V. The current is restricted by heat dissipation. Current, we don't add any heat radiator on the board.So if the current is over 20A, the heat may melt the sldering tin and cause problems. If you want it working stable at higher current, you should add radiator.
3) : Power VCC is recommended to be higher than 12V if your load is large-current devices. While over 12V, the MOSFET is working fully and its power consumption is small. So the heat will be less. If your load current is not large and just several Amperes, the power VCC can be as low as 3V.
We are trying to let this driver be compatible with Arduino and non-Arduino users. We leave holes on the PCB and so mount long-pin felmale hearders to plug in Arduino. If you are non-Arduino user, leave the holes alone.
Above in the red box are for Arduino. We will ship the long-pin female headers with this module.
To improve performance while with large current load. you could add soldering tin on the routs shown below.
PCB Size: 52.3mm x 63.9mm
Mount Hole: 44.4mm x 57.0mm, 3mm Diameter
High: 12.4mm(without long-pin headers) or 26.4mm (with long-pin headers)
Basically the control is very easy.
* Rotate forward: EN = HIGH, RPWM = PWM, LPWM = HIGH, DIS = vacant
* Rotate reverse: EN = HIGH, RPWM = HIGH, LPWM = PWM, DIS = vacant
* Stop and brake: EN = HIGH, RPWM = HIGH, LPWM = HIGH, DIS = vacant
* Stop but not brake: EN = 0, RPWM = HIGH, LPWM = HIGH, DIS = vacant
* Prohibit : EN = X, RPWM = X, LPWM = X, DIS = HIGH
For Arduin users :
Correction in below image Channel A.....LPWM.......arduino pn 11 NOT 5.
Please Note :
1、Smaller PWM duty will get higher speed.
2、 PWM frequency should be 1Khz ~ 60Khz. Smaller frequency could get it work but not in perfect performace.It may increase the module's resonse time, but very slight in nanosecond level.We can't sense it. Default frequency of Arduino PWM is 0.5Khz. In our test, the default frequency could get it work very well. But remember, for better performance, the recommended frequency is 1Khz ~ 60Khz. In our library, we set the pwm frequency over 1Khz.
Document Download :
Library for Arduino
Product list :
1、50A Dual-Channel Motor Drive Module x 1
2、6 Pin Female pins for Arduino x 2
3、8 Pin Female pins for Arduino x 2
Note: by default, the female pins are not soldered on the module.